ASU Library collectively support the teaching, research and extension programmes of the University. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books, , journals, databases, CDs/ DVDs, e-journals, Project reports, etc, offers library services like OPAC (On-line Public Access Catalogue),CAS (Current Awareness Service) Reference and Information Service, Circulation, Display New Arrival, Inter-library Loan service, Digitize Question papers, E-mail alerts, Library News Bulletins etc.
The Library uses Libsys software package which is an integrated multi-user library management system that supports all in-house operations of the Library. The Libsys consists of modules on acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, serials, article indexing and OPAC. Retrospective conversion of bibliographic records has been completed and bibliographic records of books available in the Library, can now be accessed through the Libsys OPAC. The database of books available in the Library is being updated on day to day basis with details of recently acquired books. Records of all the Library patrons have also been created in the Libsys package for circulation of books.
Library is fully automated and the entire Library collection is made available through University’s network. Library catalogue has been computerized through Libsys Library management software. The library catalogue can also be searched using a common web browser from any terminal located in the campus. Users can access the online databases and also find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own systems.
Systems are placed in multimedia room with internet facility for the library users for browsing and research purpose.
ASU Library subscribes to the following E-Resources for various departments of the institution.
- Emerald Management Xtra is the world’s leading scholarly publisher of Journals and Books in business and management
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library is a powerful resource for discovery and access to scientific and technical content published by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- SciFinder is a research discovery tool that allows access to a wide diversity of research from many scientific disciplines including biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, material science, agricultural science, etc.
- EBSCO Business Source Complete is the world's definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content.
- Ebrary (E-Books collection) – the Online Books collection that gives web access to the unabridged contents of thousands of leading publications.
- DELNET (Developing Library Network) has been established for promoting resource sharing among the libraries through the development of a network of libraries.